Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Multiple Students, Multiple Strategies

I don't know about you, but sometimes I find it difficult to keep all of my students apart. Sometimes I even wish I was more "specialized" in what I do. Almost envying classroom teachers who only have to prepare one set of lesson plans each day.

I'm writing this, not as a complaint--I do love my work, but as a shout out to any other tutors who feel the pressure. Any typical day for me might include remedial reading with a second grader, Pre-Algebra homework help with an 8th grader, remedial math and ELA homework help for a 4th grader, AND remedial math and Reading for a second year second grader.

I know the subjects all sound similar, but the levels at which they are being taught varies so much. And then, I must add, my own children in the mix. I am teaching 4th/5th grade and 8th/9th grade this year as well as "coaching" 9th grade.

So what does a typical day look like from another tutor's eyes? And how do you keep it all straight?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most Popular Posts Lately