Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Assessing Your Students' Learning Styles


As teachers and tutors, we've been trained to recognize and differentiate according to student needs, including their individual learning style. But how important is it for our students to understand their learning styles? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this one, please sound off in the comments below.
I decided the world needed an info graphic to describe Howard Gardner's multiple intelligence theory. If you are an educator and would like a printed version for the class room, you can email me on dziv@hotmail.com. I am happy to arrange a laminated print out on A3 size paper for $17 [AUD] + postage. Or if you want the digital file I am happy to supply a high resolution A3 size PDF for $10 [AUD].
Found on Pinterest 



Here's an interactive lesson you can use with your kiddos. They will take a self assessment and then learn about their strongest learning styles. This should prove to be an invaluable tool in your teaching/tutoring repertoire!

http://www.educationworld.com

Once you AND your student have a good understanding of his/her learning style, you can tailor your lessons to meet his/her needs. Here are a few links I've found that might help you design lessons to reach your student from their perspective!

For your spacial and kinesthetic learners kinestheticlearningstrategies.com

Have an auditory learner successfulteaching.blogspot.com

How about some ideas for your visual learners brighthubeducation.com

I have a naturalist and it was hard for me as a logical learner to find ways to accommodate her, I wish I would have found this page 10 years ago! education.jhu.edu

Do you have a go-to-site you'd like to share with us? Please post your link in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. I plan to do this with my kids at the beginning of school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I'd love to hear how you plan it for a classroom!

      Delete

Most Popular Posts Lately